Last updated: December 4th, 2019
https://www.asexuals.net is created by and for asexuals.
If you’d like to get in touch with us, this can be done through: email@example.com
Looking for our ‘Cookies Policy’ instead? Click here.
Creating lasting connections without some personal information about you would be incredibly difficult. This is why we collect information, such as basic profile details and the type of asexual/demisexual people you’d like to meet. Asexuals.net also collects generated information as you use our website and services.
Information you give us by using our website:
1. As you create an account with us, you provide us with information such as your login credentials, as well as gender, age, etc. This information is gathered so you can use our services and start looking for other asexuals/demisexuals. Once you’ve completed creating your profile, you can add additional information, such as details on your personality, lifestyle, interests and other details about you. You’ll also be able to add content such as photos and videos (depending on the membership).
2. When you buy one of our memberships, you provide our payment service provider (PayPal) with information, such as your debit or credit card number or other needed information to finalize the payment.
3. If we invite certain members (including you) to participate in surveys, you give us your opinion and ideas on our website and services. We can use this information to improve our website.
4. When we organize contests and/or promotions, we will collect the information that you use to register or enter, so we may contact you if you win.
5. If you contact us through our contact forms, email or social media, we collect the information you give us during the interaction in order to provide help or answers if needed.
Collected information about you that we receive from other users
Collected information when you use our website
We may collect information about which pages you’ve visited, how you’ve used them and the devices you use to access our services. We may collect information about the devices you use to access our website, including hardware and software information such as the device type, browser type, version and language, operating system, and time zones.
We use your information to deliver and improve our website. Additionally, we may use your info to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you (only on our blog pages). Examples can be found below:
1. To help you manage your account if needed, provide support and respond to requests. But also helping out with completing orders.
2. To help you connect with others by analyzing your profile (which happens automatically thanks to our matching system) and showing users’ profiles to each other.
3. To show relevant advertising on our website. This only applies to our blog pages as this will be the only place where you might find some Google ads and affiliate Amazon links.
4. To improve our website and develop new features. We’ll mainly do this through analyzing data, preferences of users, and sending out surveys.
5. To prevent, detect and fight misbehaviour on our website. And to ensure legal compliance (assist law enforcement and enforce or exercise our right).
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
Provide our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, as you go about using our service to build meaningful connections, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile, to make it viewable to other users and recommend other users to you.
Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyze users’ behavior on our website to continuously improve our service, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative and legal purposes.
Our goal is to help you make meaningful and lasting connections, the main sharing of users’ information is, of course, with other users. And, in some cases, legal authorities. Read on for more details about how your information is shared with others.
1. You share information with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the service (including your public profile). Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share is stuff that you’re comfortable being publicly viewable since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you share it.
2. For corporate transactions. We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
3. We may disclose your information if reasonably necessary. For example to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements. Or to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law). But also to protect the safety of any person.
4. To enforce legal rights. We may also share information if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit, or if necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users. Other reasons may be: to enforce our agreements with you and to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
We have systems in place to protect you from unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. As with all technology companies, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices to update our physical, technical and organizational security measures.
We may suspend your use of all or part of the services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately here.
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and so when you delete your account we will no longer hold on to your information. Keep in mind that even though the software on this website is designed to carry out data deletion processes, we cannot promise that all data will be deleted within a specific time frame due to technical constraints.
Please note that some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) have a “Do Not Track” (DNT) feature that tells a website that a user does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. If a website that responds to a DNT signal receives a DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many websites, including ours, do not currently respond to all DNT signals. So be sure to check your preferences when the cookie popup asks for your permission.
Our services are restricted to users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not permit users under the age of 18 on our platform and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you suspect that a user is under the age of 18, please contact us.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Leave us a message through: firstname.lastname@example.org